House for Sale
Property ID 1990269Designed by a local architect as their own family home blending character and charm with contemporary design. This home really has the wow' factor when you walk inside for the first time. Situated in a quiet, highly sought after street in Highgate Hill, this home is a hidden oasis within walking distance to West End's Boundary Street and the South Bank Parklands.
The original house's 1880s character has been carefully retained and its appearance from the street maintained. Hidden behind this workers cottage facade is an impressive contemporary two storey home with all the comforts and qualities needed for a modern lifestyle. The contemporary extension creates expansive open plan living on the lower level with connection to the terrace and private garden. The house has been designed to maximise the north orientation with a double height space over the kitchen and a large two storey glass door allows natural light to fill the house.
* North facing backyard
* Living over 2 levels with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms
* Bespoke kitchen with plywood joinery and bench tops
* A blend of the original timber floors and polished concrete
* Home office/library or playroom
* Original brick fireplace with new wood fire combustion heater
* Air conditioning to bedrooms
* 10,000 litre rainwater tanks for toilets, laundry & garden
* Off street parking for motorbike or scooter
* Land size is a low maintenance 215m2 with mature trees and gardens
* Brisbane State High catchment
Ideally situated just minutes from 4101's sought after lifestyle with West End's restaurants and cafes. The South Bank Parklands, and South Brisbane's performing arts precinct with GOMA, the Queensland Museum and QPAC are just moments away. Brisbane's three top schools - Brisbane State High, St Laurence's, and Somerville House are all just a short walk away.
The owners are relocating to Melbourne for work and are sad to let their dream home go.
This property is being sold by auction or without a price and therefore a price guide can not be provided. The website may have filtered the property into a price bracket for website functionality purposes.